In both the Android and iOS apps, WheelCoin users can now burn their WHL in exchange for random Digital Collectibles.
Digital collectibles represent important green mobility globally, allowing users to obtain unique icons from around the world be that stops or stations with personal significance, e.g., from their regular commute, or a place they have never even visited. This first collection sees 100 unique icons from rail and metro stations from around the world, 20 of which are “rare”.
In honor of our global from day one user community we thought our first in-app digital collectibles should celebrate transit stops in the 10 countries with the most active user base for WheelCoin. This resulted in a collection of 100 unique icons from: Germany, India, Indonesia, Japan, Nigeria, South Korea, Spain, Taiwan, UK and the US.
Building your collection is a fun and addictive! See below how
you can get involved and view a demo from CEO Boyd Cohen here:
- Step one is the WheelCoin user needs to download WheelCoin and allow it to passively identify their mobility choices. 1 $WHL=1kg of avoided emissions by choosing a greener mode of mobility over a normal car.
- Users can go to the “Redeem your WHL for collectibles”. Once they open this section, they then agree to burn 1 $WHL. This opens a surprise box which reveals which station collectible you received.
- It is random which means you may end up with duplicates. There is also one gold station for each city and these are rare, thus harder to obtain randomly.
- Users can scroll through their collection to see which ones they have and which ones are missing to complete the collection. Note there is also a % complete indicator which captures the updated status of your collection.
- Once our digital assets are on-chain, users will be able to buy and sell duplicates and of course acquire $WHL from users who sell theirs via a DEX.